Small House Movement - The next wave of the future...

I think this small house movement is going to be huge with the green movement, etc... The economy can;t sustain the Real Estate market crash and we are going to have to change the way we do things dramatically. I will be following this movement and be investing in it as I go along. I start classes to obtain my Real Estate Lic. in a couple of weeks and I am going to be investigating getting into this side of the market. 

Visit the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company Wesbite.
My name is Jay Shafer and since 1997 I have been living in a house smaller than some people’s closets. I call the first of my little hand built houses Tumbleweed. My decision to inhabit just 89 square feet arose from some concerns I had about the impact a larger house would have on the environment, and because I do not want to maintain a lot of unused or unusable space. My houses have met all of my domestic needs without demanding much in return. The simple, slower lifestyle my homes have afforded is a luxury for which I am continually grateful.
Since completing Tumbleweed, I have continued to make little buildings. How each house gets used depends on the occupant’s particular needs. What one person would enjoy as a quiet studio in their backyard, another couple might choose to inhabit as a full-time residence. What some people see as the perfect weekend hideaway in the country, others will use as a beautiful free-standing addition to their existing home for accommodating an elderly parent, an adult child, guests, or as office space. My houses have been composed with meticulous attention to light, warmth, energy efficiency, and proportion. I have made the most of each cozy interior by minimizing transitional areas like hallways and stairwells and by using otherwise unusable space as storage. The simple, formal designs that have resulted are the best way I have found to order most any space and make it beautiful.
At Tumbleweed Tiny House Company its our mission to make the plans and tools available so you can build your own little building based on my designs, ready-to-build kits, and even already manufactured tiny homes ready to be transported to you.
Please follow this blog J

Comments