To Thine Own Self Be True!


Be true to yourself and be your authentic self - This is the topic of this blog.. I am thinking a lot about this right now as I continue my journey into changing things in my life. I sold out for so many people for so many years. So many people sell out all of there lives.. I heard listening to a tape of Tony Robbins one time that you should picture yourself as a 90 year old man on a rocking chair and picture yourself looking back on your life and see what was important and what was not. To me the legacy I can leave behind and the amount of people I an able to help is my new direction in life. I did have the dream of being "successful" ya, the American Dream successful owning a home, etc... but I was searching for something that was not who I wanted to be. I always wanted to please her or that person.. I want to be a Ceramic Artist and Tattoo on pottery. I also want to build websites. You may want to start a dog walking business or be something else. I am also a Property Manager and proud of my accomplishments in this field, just am looking for something different than what I had before. I heard 2 pearls today in a meeting I will share with you. 1. "Take the action and let the emotions catch up".. 2. "The way I am FEELING right now does not indicate who I am". These two statements ring true to me as well. I need to keep pressing on now matter what. I know I have a purpose and that purpose is becoming more and more clear as long as I keep being willing to be my authentic self and don't compromise that No matter what. 

”This above all: to thine ownself be true,
 And it must follow, as the night the day,
 Thou canst not then be false to any man.”
                         -Shakespeare-Hamlet 

I am going to mail my proposal to Ed Hardy today, say some prayers please. I want to work with him and possible have hi sponsor me. I will continue to take the action to live true to myself and I will not give up! I will continue to keep reaching and stretching myself as if I were 90 in a rocking chair and looking back on my life. I will continue to meet new people and put myself on there and trust. I will continue to live life to the fullest and enjoy every day. 
Matt :) 

Please follow this blog J

Comments